Thursday, September 20, 2007

1. Where did you meet your husband? We met through some friends of ours who were dating at the time Justin Pater and Kim Eldredge.

2. What is the first thing you said to your husband? He is really shy, so of course, I had to start conversation so we talked about his family and friends. It really was not much of a conversation.

3. Where was your first date? Sad to say, but that was like 8 or 9 years ago and i have a bad memory but if I recall it went like this. I really think that we just hung out with friends for a couple of weeks. I think that our fist official date with just the two of us, was when we went to dinner and a Jazz game. GO JAZZ!

4. Where was your first kiss? Um, Basically we were in front of his friends house just talking, getting to know each other we had only hung out like 4 times at the most, so just in the midst of conversation he layed one on me we kissed for a few seconds and then I thought it was weird but at the same time great because I liked him.

5. Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement? We dated on and off for 4 years. In that time we dated other people but only for like 1 day it was hard to be apart. It was my first real relationship... so I felt like I needed to hang out with other people and then I would hang out with them thinking of Travis the whole time. We had a long engagement it was 8 months but it went by really fast!

6. Where did you get engaged? He ditched my family and I for dinner and so I was really pissed at him. Not knowing that my journey was going to start at dinner. He sent me on a little hunt all over SLC my first hint was in my food at dinner. It all ended in Provo under a pavilion where Trav, had candle light desert (YUM) and he popped the question with my family and his family secretly watching. SO CUTE! Love you T

7. Where were you married? In the Salt Lake Temple on June 7 2003. The best day, but also very stressful. We got married early in the morning and then had a lunch at Joseph Smith Memorial, and then off to the reception.

8. How did your reception go? It was really fun we had it at Travis' parents house in the back yard it was the most beautiful wedding that I have ever been too. Heritage Gardens catered it, I was told that the food was wonderful. We really didn't get to eat it. We had a Fantastic band. We had a company come and put carpet and hardwood floor covering the tennis court so it was just one big dance floor.

9. How was the honeymoon? Oh, The honeymoon. That was a good time. We went on a cruise and it was fantastic. I think that we stayed in our room for the first 3 days we were so sleepy from the wedding day. It was a inner cabin, and so it was so dark we had no clue what time it was.

10. Who's turn is next? I think that I was the last one...so TAG nobody is it!

4 comments:

Jen and Buzz said...

So fun Brooke...I am so excited that you are pregnant, Hopefully this one will be your little girl. It's so fun having our boys in school together, one day we will have to go to lunch.

Marianne said...

Brooke..I love your stories! Umm you have the cutest little boys! I love that family picture!

Lexi Ray said...

Brooke, Did you know we have the same anniversary date? One great Day! Love
Lex

Laura Lu said...

What a fun engagement story and I loved how you slept tons on the honeymoon. Laters ~Lars